Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Fight Against In Order To Fight For

Life is always a fight.
There are so many things in life that calls for a fight.
Sometimes, you get beaten up,
Sometimes, you bashed that fella up nicely and properly.
There are times when we fight against,
There are times when we fight for.
As for me,

I fight against doubt that shakens
In order to fight for unshakable faith.

I fight against the desires of the flesh which are so real and appealing, yet appaling
In order to fight for my purity.

I fight against ungrace and grudges that embitters
In order to fight for grace and pardon.

I fight against despair of uncertainties and impossibilities
In order to fight for hope of assurance and possibilities.

I fight against the fear of the world
In order to fight for the boldness and courage in Christ.

I fight against suspicion
In order to fight for trust.

I fight against corruption
In order to fight for integrity.

I fight against pretense
In order to fight for sincerity.

I fight against the lies of Satan that bind
In order to fight for the Truth of Christ that frees.

I fight against chaos
In order to fight for peace.

I fight against adultery
In order to fight for faithfulness in marriage.

I fight against impatience,
I fight against cruelty,
I fight against envy,
I fight against boastfulness,
I fight against pride,
I fight against insolance,
I fight against egoism,
I fight against irascibility,
I fight against unforgiveness,
I fight against evil,
I fight against untruthfulness,
I fight against insecurity,
I fight against distrust,
I fight against despondency,
I fight against the urge to give up,
I fight agianst the fear of failure,

In order to fight for this love we share,

In order to fight...
...For your heart.

Although I may lose the the battle,
But with God by my side,
I will win the war.

I fight against in order to fight for.

1 comment:

  1. " I fight against doubt that shaken
    In order to fight for unshakable faith."

    Love this one!

    ReplyDelete