Thursday, July 14, 2011

Forever Faithful


Stumbling I came, pursuing flawlessness.
Fumbling I came, seeking Your forgiveness.

Condemning guilt, I know I am unworthy.

With crippling shame, I shunned Your countenance.


Your eyes shone bright, piercing consuming flame.

Peeling me bare, You see me through and through.


The eyes of truth, burning away my masks.

I've got nothing, nowhere to hide from you.

All uncovered, I have to be truthful.

LORD this is me, sinful and ignorant.

Again I've failed, breaking my vows of old.

Making new ones, again broken in shame.

I have failed You, taking You for granted.
I'm unworthy drowned in much guilt and shame.


Though You see me, in all my shortcomings.

Faithful You are, You've never let me go.


I deserved death, but Saviour gave His life.

For redemption, the scarlet fountain flows.

I was once cursed, but now blessed through Him.

Death conquered, eternal life given.


Children of wrath, doomed... no, not anymore...

Purchased by grace, unchanging love divine.


Here once again, in You presence I stand.

Here in Your courts, I dwell forevermore.


Overflowing, LORD You have filled my cup.

Goodness and love, will surely follow me...

YAHWEH RAAH, lead me my good shepherd.

In You I'll trust, God
FOREVER FAITHFUL.

1 comment: