Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The missing part of my JS Testimony-A Beautiful Exchange


You were near
Though I was distant
Disillusioned
I was lost and insecure

Still mercy fought
For my attention
You were waiting at the door

Then I let you in

Trading your life
For my offenses
For my redemption
You carried all the blame

Breaking the curse
Of our condition
Perfection took our place

My burden erased
My life forgiven
There is nothing
That could take this love away

My only desire
And sole ambition
Is to love you just the same

When only love could make a way
You gave your life in a beautiful exchange
When only love could break these chains
You gave your life in a beautiful exchange

Holy are you God
Holy is your name
With everything I’ve got
My heart will sing
How I love you...

The first time I came across this song
was before I came to know Christ's saving grace
through a personal encounter with God.

It was back then in December 2010 that I bought this VCD and CD.
This song was an ordinary nice song to me then.

Well, you guys from JS,
I mean GUYS only...
Maybe some girls larh...
I also forget did I even share to the girls
^^ sorry arh^^
Will know what I've thought of myself in God's eyes
Before I experience on the night of 29th December 2010 in Youth Quake altar call.

I thought I was so wicked and evil
That God actually shut the door in my face already.
But then, that night was a BREAKTHROUGH...

God came into the picture of my sinful past
And I just felt a sense of regret and sorrow
Because I realized how much I've broken His heart and yet
He has made the choice 2 millennium ago
To love me and made His one and only son
The Ultimate Expression of His Love towards me...

I knew that God loves me...
But this is my first time ever "feeling" it in my heart...

Well, its not only about sorrow and pain that night.
I also felt a strong sense of Joy and Peace...
I knew that I am home in the loving arms of Daddy...
Its so warm and I felt like
I am melting in his love and grace...


Well I cried until I can't catch my breath that night...
I just kept crying and crying and crying...
You know me larh...
As in I really can cry a lot...


I can't stop marveling at His boundless love and grace for sinners...

That night, I was set free....
Free from the lies of the Evil one,
saying that God will never accept me into His presence again...
saying that God will punish me out of anger...
saying that everyone is doing it, no harm trying...
saying that I can't be cleansed anymore...

I was once blinded,
But now the truth has set me free.



I was saved and is freed through the Death and Resurrection of Christ...
A Beautiful Exchange...

2 comments:

  1. titus! =)

    thanks for sharing this. =)

    i'm just curious... didn't you already know Christ's saving grace before this? or perhaps you only knew about it and hadn't experienced it yet?

    anyway, i'm really glad to read about how God has broken through to you... may you continue to grow in leaps and bounds in Him... =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks..^^ what u said is true.. Head knowledge and heart knowledge is different..^^

    ReplyDelete